luni, 6 octombrie 2008

A description of the Lord - part 2

"God Loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten son, that everyone who believes in Him may not die but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

"The Lord: I tell you: God is love and the Son is His wisdom. And God loved the world so much that He gave His only-begotten Son, that is, His wisdom, emanating from Him from eternity, into this world that all who believe in Him may not die but have eternal life. (...)
Look here. I have a head, a body and hands and feet. The head, the body, hands and feet are flesh, and this flesh is the Son of Man, for what is flesh comes from the flesh. But in this Son of Man who is flesh there dwells God's wisdom, and that is God's only begotten Son.
Not God's only-begotten Son, but only the Son of Man will, like the brazen Moses-serpent in the wilderness, be lifted up, and many will be taking offence at that. Those who do not take offence, but believe and will adhere to His name, to them He will give the power to be called children of God, and their life and kingdom will be everlasting." (GGJ vol. 1, 21:1, 3)

"It was not to judge the world that God sent his Son into the world, but that through him, the world might be saved."
(John 3:17)

"You must not expect some judgment of the world as, for instance, wars, floods or even fire from the heavens consuming all heathens. For behold, God did not send His only-begotten Son into the world to judge this world, but to fully save it, that is, that also the flesh might not perish, but may rise to eternal life together with the spirit. However, in order to attain to this, the material feelings of exaltation in the flesh must be eradicated by belief, namely belief in the Son of Man that He has come into the world, born from eternity out of God, so that all shall have eternal life who believe in His name and adhere to it." (GGJ vol. 1, 21:4)

"The One Who has sent Me is My eternal Fater and is within Me; and si I have sent Myself into this world out of My love for mankind in order to bring and give you life eternal.
My word and My teaching, showing you the way to everlasting love, is that will of the One Whi is within Me and Who has sent Me. For the Father, as eternal Love, is within Me and I, as its light, am within it.
Look at the flame of the lamp giving light here on this table. Can you separate the light from the flame or the flame from the light? The flame is that which I call "Father"and "love", and the light is the Son sent by the flame in order to light up the darkness of the night. Are not the flame and its light one thing? And is not the flame in the light just as the light is in the flame?
If this is so, and cannot possibly be otherwise, the Father's will does certainly manifest in the light emanating from Him." (GGJ vol. 8, 138:9-11)

"For though the power of My living and most active will I am Myself from eternity all in everything is within Me. Th Father, Who has sent Me as a Son of Man into this world, is within Me. But I and He are not two, but completely one and, therefore, the Father's will is also My will and it is active everywhere.
Of course, no one can see the Father alone, for without Me He would not be there, nor would I without Him, as I and He are completely one Being. He who now sees and hears Me does also see and hear the Father, for I, as the Father, have sent Myself into this world by My will.
Happy you who believe in Me, for he who believes in Me does also believe in the Father Who has sent Me and Who will give him life eternal." (GGJ col. 8, 158:16-17)

"I Myself,who am now speaking with you, am this God, as has been announced to men by the prophets. According to My eternal decree, it has pleased Me, as Myself a man of flesh and blood, to come among the languishing people, astray in the night of sin, as a brightest and life-giving light and to save them from the hard yoke and judgement of eternal death.
But I did not come only to the Jews, who from the very beginning were the people of the One, true God - and still call themselves that, although many have already long ago, because of their evil actions, become a people of hell.
I also came to the Gentiles, who actually originate from the same first man of this earth, but in the course of time have let themselves be enticed so much by the temptations of the world that they forsook the only true God and did no longer recognize Him. From the dead and perishable matter they created for themselves gods that suited them and whom they revered and worshiped, as is still the case today and with which you are familiar.
In order that also the Gentiles may recognize the eternal, most alive truth, which dwells only in God, I came also to them and am returning to them the voluntarily long-lost light of life and also life eternal.
I Myself am the light, the way, eternal truth and life. Whoever believes in Me and lives according to My teaching has eternal life already within him and will never see or feel death, even if he died bodily a thousand times. For whoever believes in Me, keeps My commandments and, thus, loves Me above all, is within Me and I am in spirit within him. And in whomsoever I am dwelling, in him is also eternal life.
And so I have now, as promised, shown you the alone true, sole God. Now do search yourselves whether you also believe this." (HHJ vol. 9, 4:4/7)

Niciun comentariu: